CR2450 and CR2032 are button batteries used to small portable electrical devices like pocket calculators, , wristwatches, implantable cardiac pacemakers, hearing aids, etc.
Most electronic devices that use a require very little , which gives a longer service life. Both CR2450 and CR2032 batteries hold their charge for a long time if not used. They also have a low self-discharge.
Here we will focus on the differences between the CR2450 and the CR2032 batteries, features, capacity, , and brands.
Even though these batteries are in the same CR-series family, they have different purposes.
First, we begin with a comparison table and then show their features, and explain if the two batteries are interchangeable.
CR2450 vs CR2032 Battery Comparison
|Capacity||486 mAh||240 mAh|
|Voltage||3 V||3 V|
|Thickness||5.0 mm||3.2 mm|
|Diameter||24 mm||20 mm|
|Rechargeable||Not rechargeable||Not Rechargeable|
Read next: CR2025 vs. CR2032: What is the Difference Between These Batteries?
The capacity of a is the amount of charge the can store. The chemical composition of and the size of the has a role to play in its capacity.
The has a capacity of 486 mAh. Using this on a that requires as little as 2mA , it can last for up to 243 hours . Meaning, this can last for more than ten days on a 2mA load.
The , on the other hand, has a capacity of 240 mAh. When we connect this to a load of 2 mA, it can last for up to 120 hours . Meaning, this can last around 5 days on a 2mA load.
Check our comparisons of the best speakers
The voltage of a battery means a difference in charge between the two terminals of the battery, or the potential of the cell. The higher the potential of the cell, the higher the voltage.
The CR2450 is a 3 V button battery.
The CR2032 is a 3V button battery.
The distance from the top to the bottom of the battery is the thickness of the cell. Another way to know how thick a CR-series battery is, with the name.
The last two digits of a cell’s name represent the thickness of the battery in a tenth of a millimeter.
The CR2450 is 5.0 mm thick.
The CR2032 battery is 3.2 mm thick.
Read next: CR2032 VS. CR2016 – What is the Difference Between These Batteries?
The diameter of a button battery is the distance of the cell from one end of the battery to the other end, passing through the middle. It is essential to know the diameter of a button battery because not all button battery comes with the same width.
The CR2450 is 24 mm wide.
The CR2032 cell is 20 mm broad
Not all button batteries are rechargeable. But there are claims that non-rechargeable batteries can be recharged by removing them from the device and inserting it in a battery charger. But take note that this process is not safe.
Are the CR2450 and CR2032 batteries rechargeable?
The CR2450 is not rechargeable, it is a disposable battery.
The CR2032 is not rechargeable either, it is a disposable battery.
CR2450 vs CR2023 FAQ
Are CR2450 and CR2032 interchangeable?
No, the CR2450 and CR2032 button batteries are not interchangeable. They have the same chemical types and output voltage.
However, despite being very similar to CR2032, the CR2450 batteries are wider and cannot be replaced interchangeably with CR2025 and CR2032 batteries.
CR2450 is also thicker and higher in capacity.
Alternatives and Equivalents to CR2450
Instead of the C2450, you can also use rechargeable LiR2450 batteries. There are several subtypes of such button batteries depending on the voltage – 3.0V LiR2450, 3.2V LiR2450, 3.5V LiR2450, 3.7V LiR2450. As long as your device supports all the voltage levels (based on its technical description), you can use all the rechargeable LiR2450 batteries interchangeably with CR2450
The capacity of the rechargeable LiR2450 batteries is around 100-125 mAh. They can be recharged over 500 times.
Non-rechargeable alternatives to CR2450 include CR2430 and CR2477 button batteries. The three batteries all have the same diameter but different thicknesses – 3.0, 5.0, and 7.7 mm (which you can find out from their names).
Here are the capacities of the three possible alternatives:
- CR2430: 270-290 mAh,
- CR2450: 600-620 mAh,
- CR2477: ~1000 mAh.
Alternatives and Equivalents to CR2032
Some possible alternatives to CR2023 button batteries are BR2032, ML2032, and LiR2032.
The BR2032 button battery has a Lithium Carbon Monofluoride chemistry. Carbon monofluoride is the positive electrode, while lithium is the negative one. It has a similar voltage to CR2023 of around 2.6-2.8 V. A substantial difference is that BR2032 doesn’t tolerate high discharge currents as well as CR2032 chemistry.
LiR2032 is a rechargeable lithium 3.6 V button battery of the same dimensions as CR2032.
ML2032 is also a based on chemistry. It is a Maxell’s , but other brands also produce it. One disadvantage is that it may overheat or even explode.
Good CR2450 & CR2032 battery brands
Some good brands producing CR2450 and/or CR2032 button batteries are Energizer, Duracell, Panasonic, Philips, EmazingLights, LiCB. Amazon Basic is also a good enough option.
Conclusion: CR2450 or CR2032
In conclusion, CR2450 is a bigger battery than CR2032.
The CR2450 has a higher battery capacity; it’s thicker and broader than the CR2032.
Generally, the CR2450 might be stronger than the CR2032, each of them has its own separate use.
Amazon’s Best Selling Battery Testers!
- EASY TO USE - Calibrated scale to quickly identify "good" (green), "low" (yellow), and "replace/recharge" (red) battery status.
- PACKAGE CONTENT - 2 Pack battery tester, Opp bag. Weight light and easy to carry.
- MULTI PURPOSE USE - Can be used to test different type of household batteries like AA, AAA, C, D, 1.5V,9V and 1.5V button type.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS - Weight: 3.5 ounces. Dimensions: 4.3*2.4*0.98 in.
- NOTE - The battery tester is activated by the battery being checked. Keep test times as short as possible, to avoid unnecessary battery drain.
- 【Automotive Car Battery Tester】 As one of the most cost-effective products of KONNWEI, it's a perfect Christmas gift. KW208 can test all 12V 100-2000CCA batteries including regular flooded, AGM flat plate, AGM spiral, or gel batteries. Provide overall analysis of batteries’ health and help you know their status in advance before it dies. KW208 battery tester support cranking and charging system test also alternator and starter test.
- 【Display Overall Batteries Data】KW208 12V Battery Load Tester gives you the basic battery parameters such as voltage, internal resistance, cold cranking amp and AH capacity, battery health and charge status. Additionally, battery cca tester will also show you professional advice whether to replace or charge the battery.
- 【 >99.5% Accuracy】Thanks to KW208’s powerful and smart chip, it provides more than 99.5% precise testing reports within milliseconds(testing results refer to US Midtronics), greatly improved the testing speed compared to other battery testers.
- 【Plug and Play】 KW208 Battery load analyzer allows you to test batteries both in-vehicle and out-of-vehicle, and even test dead batteries. Just connect the tester’s clips with battery then it will turn on and ready to test and analyze battery. It’s that easy!
- 【Starter& Alternator Tester】KW208 not only a great battery load tester that tests batteries cranking & charging system but also can test alternator's charging and starter's cranking conditions. And it can switch up to 8 languages for different needs.
- MULTI PURPOSE USE- can be used to test different type of household batteries like AA, AAA, C, D, 1.5V,9V and 1.5V button type
- REQUIRE NO BATTERY- activated by the battery being checked, no battery needed for operation
- SIMPLE BUT EFFECTIVE- compact size and lightweight, portable effective battery tester, a must buy for anyone who uses regular or rechargeable batteries on a regular basis
- EASY TO USE- identify battery status simply by the analog display needle, "good" (green), "low" (yellow), and "replace/recharge" (red)
- NOTE : 1. You can simply test battery voltage to determine whether the capacity of the battery is low or high. It won't directly detect the battery capacity precisely 2. Don't forget: The Battery Tester is activated by the battery being checked. Keep test times as short as possible to avoid unnecessary battery drain.
- Ergonomically designed heavy-duty battery tester provides accurate reliable test results in just 10 seconds
- Includes uniquely designed clamps for a positive grip on top and side post batteries and an extra large
- Extra large display with zero adjust
- Works on both 6V and 12V batteries
- Side tabs for on-tool clamp storage and back brackets for tool storage on wall or toolbox
Amazon’s Best Selling Battery Power Banks!
- Portable Chargers are very compact ,they are not only for portable charging but also around the home making it a favorite for travel.You could benefit from these battery packs When you go out.Allowing you charge mobile devices without having to be tethered to a plug socket. You could get more convenience and happiness from these high-quality power banks.
- Power Bank has 15000 mAh ultra-high capacity can give you an excellent battery life experience. Keep Your phone running all day.Without extra worry about low phone battery.
- Portable Charger with 5V 3.1A 2 USB Output ports ,which can fast charge 2 devices at the same time.You can share with your companions to get rid of worries about the remaining battery power of your phone. The USB C and Micro USB input ports can fully refill the battery itself in 4-5 hrs at 5V 2.0A.(Note: Type-C port can only input, does not support output)
- Power bank uses the safe high-density lithium polymer battery module, which is more compact and has a larger battery capacity, It exceeds the traditional Lithium ion battery on safety.The safety of customers is our most concerned about ,Customer satisfaction is our greatest motivation. We sincerely hope that this shopping experience will bring you good memory.
- Power bank bulit-in Intelliegent Controlling IC can automatically identify and is universally compatible with all products, It switches the corresponding current and voltage to charge the device. Also IC can convert fluctuating current into stable current, It can effectively prevent your power bank overcharge, overvoltage, overcurrent and short circuit.Bring you the safe using experience.
- Fast Charging: Built-in Lightning cable supports delivering max 12W to iPhone.Charging iPhone 13 from 20% to 60% just in 30 mins.
- 18W PD Fast Recharging:USB-C Input Supports 18W PD quick speed charging, only takes 1.5h to fully recharge this portable charger.
- LED Display:LED display shows current power left, no more guessing whether need to charge it or not.
- High Capacity: Light weight but big Capacity, an ideal charging companion for short travel,4800mAh is big enough to fully charge your iPhone 13 Pro 1 time.
- What you get：iWALK 4800mAh power bank*1,USB-C to USB-C cable*1,USB-A to USB-C adapter*1,Manual*1 , 1 year warranty and friendly customer service.
- Ultra-Fast Charging - Up to 20W amazing charging speed is twice as fast as ordinary portable chargers, only 30 minutes charge 50% for iPhone 14 to away from long waiting time. Supporting PD3.0/QC2.0/QC3.0/AFC/FCP protocol to provide tailored for different electronic devices.
- LED Digital Display - Power levels can be monitored at any time by pressing a separate button on the side. Minimalist and elegant LED digital large screen display the battery power even accurately to 1%.
- Dual Port Design - Equips with a USB-C input/output port and a USB-A output port to juice up your 2 devices simultaneously or goes to share 20000mAh power with best friends/families. The dual port design is compatible with most electronic devices on the market like various cell phones, headphones, tablets, etc. (The Micro USB Port is only for charging the power bank)
- Cozy Touch - Each premium material has been carefully selected. The unique frosted surface integrates with exquisite grain not only anti-scratch but also brings you a cozy touch and lets you enjoy the feeling to hold it.
- Perfect Carry Size - As one of the slimmest and lightest 20,000mAh rechargeable batteries pack, its size is only 139*67*16.5mm and weighs 235g, even smaller than the average smartphone. Easily put it into your pocket, bag, or luggage, and keep your electronic devices alive anytime and anywhere!
- Ultra-High Cell Capacity: The massive 20,000mAh cell capacity provides more than 5 charges for iPhone XS, almost 5 full charges for Samsung Galaxy S10, more than 4 charges for iPhone 11, and over 2 and a half charges for iPad mini 5.
- Advanced Charging Technology: Anker's exclusive PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technology combine to deliver an optimized charge to your devices, while the trickle-charging mode is the best way to charge low-power accessories.
- Simultaneous Charging: Twin USB ports allow you to charge two devices at the same time. The USB-C port cannot charge other devices.
- Versatile Recharging: With both a USB-C and Micro USB input port, you have more options over how you recharge. Recharging PowerCore with a 10W charger will take approximately 10.5 hours, while recharging with a 5W charger will take approximately 20 hours.
- What You Get: Anker 325 Power Bank (PowerCore 20K), Micro USB cable (to charge the power bank), welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service. (USB-C cable, Lightning cable, and wall charger not included)
Last update on 2023-05-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
I need to replace a 2045 or 2450 cell battery, but none of the stores in my area carry that size. Is there a certain cell battery i could buy in multiples, to stack them together and get the same 4.5mm or 5.0mm height?
Stacking is not recommended but you can check for the correct replacement on Amazon.
All these things supply the same voltage, so stacking batteries would double or triple the supplied voltage – I.E. NOT RECOMMENDED!
But, at your own risk, on a get-you-home basis, you could try building the thickness up with clean metal washers, coins, or even a paper clip.
For example, quarters are about 24 mm dia x 2 mm thick so a CR2016 battery, (20 mm dia x 1.6 mm thick), sandwiched between a couple of quarters should be pretty close, dimensionally, to a CR2450. Just be aware that anything oversize might over-stress/permanently damage the contacts. Good luck!
“Meaning this battery [CR2032] can last for more than 12 days on a 2mA load.”
Oddly, the CR2032, with roughly half the capacity of a CR2450, is said to last 12 days while the CR2450 is said to last 10 days???
battery capacity of 486 mAh –>
486 mAh / 2 mA = 243 h
243 h / 24 hPerDay = 10.125 days
battery capacity of 240 mAh.
240 mAh / 2 mA = 120 hours.
120 h / 24 hPerDay = 5 days