With the variety of , brands, sizes, voltages, and names including seemingly random letters and numbers, batteries might be one of the most confusing topics for discussion.
However, understanding the basics just once can help you find a suitable and long-lasting battery for your device that won’t burn or break it.
26650 and 18650 are rechargeable flashlight batteries that are generally Lithium-Ion (Li-ion). Both are some of the most powerful batteries in their class used in devices consuming much power, including flashlights, vape pens, and toys.
Despite being used in similar devices, there is a number of differences between 26650 and 18650 batteries that you need to know about.
Learn more about them from our comparison article!
26650 and 18650 Batteries Quick Comparison
|26650 Rechargeable||18650 Rechargeable Battery|
|Contains Lithium Manganese Oxide with a voltage of 3.6 to 3.7 volts and a maximum of 4.4 charging voltage||Generally, a Lithium-Ion battery with a maximum of 4.2 volts of charging voltage|
|Specifically designed to power high-drain devices, including flashlights, toys, vape pens.||Mostly used to power flashlights, vape pens, but also other devices.|
|Charging time takes an average of 4 to 6 hours||Charging time takes an average of 4 hours|
26650 vs 18650 Batteries: Basic Features
26650 is a capable of generating high to efficiently like tactical flashlights, toys, vape pens, and so on.
The 26650 battery is available in two different types; Protected and Unprotected. The protected battery has a built-in protective circuit that prevents it from overcharging, over-discharging, and shorting.
18650 Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery is a lithium-ion rechargeable battery that generally has a standardized industry size of 3.6/3.7 volts and has between 1200mAh and 3600mAh energy capacity.
There are two types of 18650 batteries: Protected and Unprotected . It is an extremely popular source for flashlights. The charge time varies depending on the and type. The average charge time for a is usually 4 hours.
Check the comparison between 18650 and 20700
26650 vs 18650 Batteries: Differences
The difference between a 26650 rechargeable battery and a 18650 Li-ion rechargeable battery will be discussed, relying on two major factors; Capacity and Size.
This refers to the length of the battery’s life.
A 26650 rechargeable battery has a large capacity of about 5000 mAh (may vary between brands) which enables a long run time between charges. As a result of its high capacity, it can be utilized in variable vape (VV) box mods.
The capacity of a 18650 rechargeable battery, on the other hand, is between 1200mAh and 3600mAh. The capacity of this battery is supported by most vape box mods.
When it comes to size, the main difference between a 26650 rechargeable battery and a 18650 Li-ion rechargeable battery is the diameter. A 26550 battery is 65 mm in length and 26 mm in diameter, while a 18650 battery is 65 mm in length and 18 mm in diameter.
Due to a larger diameter, the total size and weight of the 26650 battery are bigger, so it may not fit in some devices. Check the specifics of your particular product to find out.
A 26650 rechargeable battery and a 18650 Li-ion rechargeable battery can be used alone or with other batteries depending on the purpose of the device to be built or the device to be powered.
However, both batteries come highly recommended for vaping devices, flashlights, toys, and torches.
18650 and 26650 are the two closest alternatives to each other. In some cases, AAA (triple-A), AA (double-A), or 14500 can be used instead of 18650 or 26650 battery. Take into account the differences in power capacity:
- 18650 or 26650 = 3.6/3.7v (nominal capacity)
- – AAA = 1.2 – 1.5v
Make sure to check your device characteristics before replacing old with a new battery.
Some popular brands of 18650 and 26650 rechargeable batteries are:
Amazon’s Best Selling Battery Testers!
- EASY TO USE - Calibrated scale to quickly identify "good" (green), "low" (yellow), and "replace/recharge" (red) battery status.
- PACKAGE CONTENT - 2 Pack battery tester, Opp bag. Weight light and easy to carry.
- MULTI PURPOSE USE - Can be used to test different type of household batteries like AA, AAA, C, D, 1.5V,9V and 1.5V button type.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS - Weight: 3.5 ounces. Dimensions: 4.3*2.4*0.98 in.
- NOTE - The battery tester is activated by the battery being checked. Keep test times as short as possible, to avoid unnecessary battery drain.
- 【Automotive Car Battery Tester】 As one of the most cost-effective products of KONNWEI, it's a perfect Christmas gift. KW208 can test all 12V 100-2000CCA batteries including regular flooded, AGM flat plate, AGM spiral, or gel batteries. Provide overall analysis of batteries’ health and help you know their status in advance before it dies. KW208 battery tester support cranking and charging system test also alternator and starter test.
- 【Display Overall Batteries Data】KW208 12V Battery Load Tester gives you the basic battery parameters such as voltage, internal resistance, cold cranking amp and AH capacity, battery health and charge status. Additionally, battery cca tester will also show you professional advice whether to replace or charge the battery.
- 【 >99.5% Accuracy】Thanks to KW208’s powerful and smart chip, it provides more than 99.5% precise testing reports within milliseconds(testing results refer to US Midtronics), greatly improved the testing speed compared to other battery testers.
- 【Plug and Play】 KW208 Battery load analyzer allows you to test batteries both in-vehicle and out-of-vehicle, and even test dead batteries. Just connect the tester’s clips with battery then it will turn on and ready to test and analyze battery. It’s that easy!
- 【Starter& Alternator Tester】KW208 not only a great battery load tester that tests batteries cranking & charging system but also can test alternator's charging and starter's cranking conditions. And it can switch up to 8 languages for different needs.
- MULTI PURPOSE USE- can be used to test different type of household batteries like AA, AAA, C, D, 1.5V,9V and 1.5V button type
- REQUIRE NO BATTERY- activated by the battery being checked, no battery needed for operation
- SIMPLE BUT EFFECTIVE- compact size and lightweight, portable effective battery tester, a must buy for anyone who uses regular or rechargeable batteries on a regular basis
- EASY TO USE- identify battery status simply by the analog display needle, "good" (green), "low" (yellow), and "replace/recharge" (red)
- NOTE : 1. You can simply test battery voltage to determine whether the capacity of the battery is low or high. It won't directly detect the battery capacity precisely 2. Don't forget: The Battery Tester is activated by the battery being checked. Keep test times as short as possible to avoid unnecessary battery drain.
- Ergonomically designed heavy-duty battery tester provides accurate reliable test results in just 10 seconds
- Includes uniquely designed clamps for a positive grip on top and side post batteries and an extra large
- Extra large display with zero adjust
- Works on both 6V and 12V batteries
- Side tabs for on-tool clamp storage and back brackets for tool storage on wall or toolbox
Amazon’s Best Selling Battery Power Banks!
- Portable Chargers are very compact ,they are not only for portable charging but also around the home making it a favorite for travel.You could benefit from these battery packs When you go out.Allowing you charge mobile devices without having to be tethered to a plug socket. You could get more convenience and happiness from these high-quality power banks.
- Power Bank has 15000 mAh ultra-high capacity can give you an excellent battery life experience. Keep Your phone running all day.Without extra worry about low phone battery.
- Portable Charger with 5V 3.1A 2 USB Output ports ,which can fast charge 2 devices at the same time.You can share with your companions to get rid of worries about the remaining battery power of your phone. The USB C and Micro USB input ports can fully refill the battery itself in 4-5 hrs at 5V 2.0A.(Note: Type-C port can only input, does not support output)
- Power bank uses the safe high-density lithium polymer battery module, which is more compact and has a larger battery capacity, It exceeds the traditional Lithium ion battery on safety.The safety of customers is our most concerned about ,Customer satisfaction is our greatest motivation. We sincerely hope that this shopping experience will bring you good memory.
- Power bank bulit-in Intelliegent Controlling IC can automatically identify and is universally compatible with all products, It switches the corresponding current and voltage to charge the device. Also IC can convert fluctuating current into stable current, It can effectively prevent your power bank overcharge, overvoltage, overcurrent and short circuit.Bring you the safe using experience.
- Fast Charging: Built-in Lightning cable supports delivering max 12W to iPhone.Charging iPhone 13 from 20% to 60% just in 30 mins.
- 18W PD Fast Recharging:USB-C Input Supports 18W PD quick speed charging, only takes 1.5h to fully recharge this portable charger.
- LED Display:LED display shows current power left, no more guessing whether need to charge it or not.
- High Capacity: Light weight but big Capacity, an ideal charging companion for short travel,4800mAh is big enough to fully charge your iPhone 13 Pro 1 time.
- What you get：iWALK 4800mAh power bank*1,USB-C to USB-C cable*1,USB-A to USB-C adapter*1,Manual*1 , 1 year warranty and friendly customer service.
- Ultra-Fast Charging - Up to 20W amazing charging speed is twice as fast as ordinary portable chargers, only 30 minutes charge 50% for iPhone 14 to away from long waiting time. Supporting PD3.0/QC2.0/QC3.0/AFC/FCP protocol to provide tailored for different electronic devices.
- LED Digital Display - Power levels can be monitored at any time by pressing a separate button on the side. Minimalist and elegant LED digital large screen display the battery power even accurately to 1%.
- Dual Port Design - Equips with a USB-C input/output port and a USB-A output port to juice up your 2 devices simultaneously or goes to share 20000mAh power with best friends/families. The dual port design is compatible with most electronic devices on the market like various cell phones, headphones, tablets, etc. (The Micro USB Port is only for charging the power bank)
- Cozy Touch - Each premium material has been carefully selected. The unique frosted surface integrates with exquisite grain not only anti-scratch but also brings you a cozy touch and lets you enjoy the feeling to hold it.
- Perfect Carry Size - As one of the slimmest and lightest 20,000mAh rechargeable batteries pack, its size is only 139*67*16.5mm and weighs 235g, even smaller than the average smartphone. Easily put it into your pocket, bag, or luggage, and keep your electronic devices alive anytime and anywhere!
- Ultra-High Cell Capacity: The massive 20,000mAh cell capacity provides more than 5 charges for iPhone XS, almost 5 full charges for Samsung Galaxy S10, more than 4 charges for iPhone 11, and over 2 and a half charges for iPad mini 5.
- Advanced Charging Technology: Anker's exclusive PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technology combine to deliver an optimized charge to your devices, while the trickle-charging mode is the best way to charge low-power accessories.
- Simultaneous Charging: Twin USB ports allow you to charge two devices at the same time. The USB-C port cannot charge other devices.
- Versatile Recharging: With both a USB-C and Micro USB input port, you have more options over how you recharge. Recharging PowerCore with a 10W charger will take approximately 10.5 hours, while recharging with a 5W charger will take approximately 20 hours.
- What You Get: Anker 325 Power Bank (PowerCore 20K), Micro USB cable (to charge the power bank), welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service. (USB-C cable, Lightning cable, and wall charger not included)
Last update on 2023-05-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Can I recharge my 18650 batteries in a charger meant for 26650?
Which recharger do you use?