Trimming your hedges is a job that not only takes time but also needs to be done regularly. On top of that, hedges need to be perfectly straight for maximum effect. Such a job by hand is practically impossible. Gas hedge trimmers are often too heavy to get the job done, so finding the best battery hedge trimmer is an ideal solution.
The Ego HT2400 and the Ego HT2410 are powerful cordless hedge trimmers that have some of the latest technology in the industry. We will compare the Ego HT2400 vs HT2410, looking at their specifications, power, and ease of use. We’ll include a comparison chart and some pros and cons to help decide which is the better Ego hedge trimmer.
Ego Hedge Trimmer Video Comparison
Let’s begin with what the Ego HT2400 and the Ego HT2410 have in common.
Ego HT2400 vs HT2410 – Similarities
Before looking at some of the pros and cons of the Ego HT2400 and the Ego HT2410, we have a side by side chart of all of the specifics.
Ego has a range of power tools and the brand’s batteries are compatible will all of the tools. The patented 56V ARC Lithium battery technology includes intelligent power management and revolutionary cooling technology. They offer more power than gas motors but without the maintenance and the noise.
Because the batteries are interchangeable, they are sold separately- you don’t need to buy a battery for the Ego HT2400 or the Ego HT2410 when you already have one.
The Ego HT2400 and the Ego HT2410 have electronic brakes. When you release the trigger, the blade action stops immediately. These systems provide improved control.
Both the Ego HT2400 and the Ego HT2410 have 24-inch blades. They are dual-action, reciprocating blades and made from hardened steel. The blades allow for a super clean cut and they are fully serviceable. They can be cleaned and sharpened for a longer lifespan.
Strokes per Minute
For a cordless hedge trimmer, you may find the number of strokes per minute at around 2,400. They can range from 2,100SPM to 3,300SPM. The Ego HT2400 and the Ego HT2410 have an impressive 3000 stokers per minute.
Aside from the steel blade, the Ego HT2400 and the Ego HT2410 have large rubber handles and a plastic body. They are both weather-resistant so can be used throughout the year without fear of rusting.
There is a 5-year limited warranty with the Ego HT2400 and the Ego HT2410. For commercial use, it is 1 year. Batteries from Ego have a limited 3-year warranty.
There are a few differences between the Ego HT2400 and the Ego HT2410 that we will cover now.
Differences Between Ego HT2400 and Ego HT2410
They look identical, both have a yellow cover over the blade, a black handle with a green rim. The size is very similar, but the weight isn’t.
The hedge trimmer measures 41.4 x 8.9 x 7.5 inches. It weighs 6.2 pounds.
Overall, it is 41.85 x 8.74 x 7.09 inches. It weighs a bit less at 6 pounds.
The Winner Is- The Ego HT2410
The cut capacity describes the diameter of branches a hedge trimmer is able to cut. The standard capacity is ¾ inches.
It has the standard cut capacity of ¾ inches.
As the first of its kind, the Ego HT2410 is the only cordless hedge trimmer on the market with a 1-inch cutting capacity.
The Winner Is- The Ego HT2410
An efficient motor means that more power is converted into rotational force rather than being lost as heat.
This hedge trimmer has a brushless motor. Brushless motors are usually between 85-90% efficient.
With the brushed motor, the efficiency drops slightly to between 75-80%.
The Winner Is- The Ego HT2410
If a product has a UL listing, it means it has been tested and approved for consumer safety.
This is UL listed.
There is no mention of it being UL listed
The Winner Is- The Ego HT2410
Ego HT2400 and Ego HT2410 Pros and Cons
- Excellent power and cutting abilities
- The battery life is fantastic
- It is easy to use and doesn’t require a lot of effort for straight lines
- When you add the battery, it can get heavy after a while
- It’s great value for money
- It glides through hedges and small tree branches
- It’s lightweight and great for larger projects
- It might not be the best for finer detail
The Final Verdict
We found that both the Ego HT2400 and the Ego HT2410 great value for money. We loved the batteries and appreciated how you could just click the battery into place or click it into your other Ego power tools. We also felt that the battery life was more than ample for your average to the large-sized garden.
In terms of design and appearance, there was no difference. It’s almost impossible imaging using a hedge trimmer with a power cord again. The Ego HT2410 was quite a bit lighter so we found it easier to use for longer periods of time and for those jobs that require a little more maneuverability.
The main difference was in the cut capacity and the motor. With the brushless motor and the additional cut capacity, the Ego HT2410 made an easy job or the more challenging hedges. The cuts were cleaner, and the plants remained healthy. For this reason, we decided that the Ego HT2410 was the better Ego hedge trimmer.
Amazon’s Best Hedge Trimmers!
- The electric edge trimmer features 17-inch dual-action hardened steel blade for reduced vibration while trimming (Compared to BLACK plus DECKER single-action blade models)
- 3.2 amp motor for trimming branches up to 5/8 inch
- Lightweight, compact design of the trimmers for plants is easy to use with less fatigue
- Cord retention prevents accidental unplugging. Cutting Strokes/Min-3800
- Built-in T-handle and full-length trigger for control while cutting
- 22 IN. DUAL-ACTION BLADE – Delivers less vibration than single-action blades for trimming hedges, shrubs, and bushes.
- 4.0 AMP MOTOR – Supplies the ideal amount of power to trim branches up to 3/4 in. thick.
- FULL WRAPAROUND FRONT HANDLE – Provides a comfortable, secure grip and reliable cutting control.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT – Easy to maneuver and reduces muscle fatigue.
- CORDED – Corded design offers unlimited runtime for even the biggest jobs.
- [VERSATILE]: Best used for small gardens, hedge grooming and areas your mower cannot reach
- [2 TOOLS IN 1]: Convert from grass shear to hedger quickly and easily. Blade Length (inch.) - 4(Shear) | 6(Hedger)
- [BATTERY LIFE]: Rechargeable, 7.2 V lithium-ion battery for hassle-free, cordless operation (battery charger included)
- [LIGHTWEIGHT]: Durable and lightweight design (Only 2.5 lbs.) with ergonomic handle for easy control and handling
- COMPACT ELECTRIC HEDGE TRIMMER - Lightweight 3.0 amp corded electric hedge trimmer for small hedges and shrubs with branches up to 5⁄8 inch thick
- MADE FOR MORE CONTROL - Bulk-free design, built-in T-handle and full length trigger for less fatigue
- DUAL-ACTION BLADE - Hardened steel dual- action blade for reduced vibration while trimming
- ENDLESS RUNTIME - Corded electric power with built-in cord retention system for longer work sessions without accidentally unplugging
- FULL LENGTH TRIGGER - Easy fatigue-free operation with multi-finger trigger pull
- Powerful high output motor of the cordless hedge trimmer is designed for cuts up to 3/4-inch thick
- The battery powered hedge trimmer has 22-inch laser cut, hooked-tooth blade design
- Trimmers for plants have a compact and lightweight design
- Part of the 20V max system of tools
- Compatible with: Your DeWALT 18v 20v Max including 20-60v Flexvolt Battery. Plug in your own battery and get your job done fast and easy! Low-voltage protection is our first concern. The machine will automatically shut down if the battery voltage is below 14.4v to prevent any overload damage
- 2 in 1 Versatility: Conveniently switch from grass shearing to hedge trimming by changing blade with one click in one tool. Simply prune branches with the long blades (4-3/8 inches long) and shear grasses with the short mowing blades (3-9/16 inches wide)
- Precise Cutting Performance: Come with SK5 dual-action cutting blades which ensures sharp and clean cuts. The motor provide maximum 1000RPM speed support strong power for most ideal cutting results, which is perfect for grass, branches, shrubs pruning
- Safety & Ergonomics Design: The cordless handheld trimmer is designed to prioritize user safety for each time of using. With a comfortable grip and lightweight design to reduce fatigue and strain while long-time using
- Perfect for Garden & Lawn: The perfect tool to help you get your yard in shape, whether on maintenance work or tackling tough overgrowth
- BUILT FOR PERFORMANCE AND EFFICIENCY: 17 in. dual action blades with up to 5/8 in. cut capacity
- COMFORT AND CONTROL: T-Handle designed for comfort and control while cutting
- MANEUVER WITH EASE: Lightweight and compact structure designed to lessen strain
- VERSATRACK COMPATIBLE: Use the integrated hook to hang this tool directly on the VERSATRACK Wall Organization System (sold separately)
- Make shaping and trimming shrubs easier with Hedge shears featuring patented power Gear technology that gives you up to 3x more power on every cut
- Fully hardened, precision-ground 10 inch Steel blades stay sharp, even through heavy use
- Low-friction coating helps the blades glide through the wood, prevents gumming and resists rust
- Shock-absorbing bumpers help reduce the jarring conclusion at the end of the cuts
- Rounded ergonomic handles with Softgrip touchpoints enhance comfort and control
Last update on 2023-05-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API